The Executive agreed £12 million in June 2020 to support a package of measures to address the impact of Covid-19 in terms of loss of learning.
This included support for schools in purchasing online resources which is called the Virtual Learning Programme.
Extra P7 Support – Virtual Learning
This allows schools to be supported to purchase one online Virtual Learning resource for current Year 7 children to help with literacy and numeracy skills and I’m delighted to let you know that The Transfer Tutor has been considered as one possible resource.
What This Means For A School
In a nutshell, this means schools can choose financial support for an online resource (one of which is The Transfer Tutor App) and this online learning can be used at home (or on a device at school) to support their literacy and numeracy learning. Schools can refer to the DE Website for further information.
What Does The Teacher Need To Do?
3 Easy Steps:
- For the funding: The principal will have received emails about this from DE, but in essence, they simply need to click on the link below, fill in the form and choose The Transfer Tutor, to request the funding. Link: Virtual Learning Template
- For The Transfer Tutor – Simply complete the form below and I’ll manage it from there and provide all the information needed for parents to get set up.
- Inform parents on how to proceed (I will provide you with those instructions in a follow up email).
Please be assured, the administration from the teacher is minimal and all customer service queries (e.g. password resets etc.) will be managed by The Transfer Tutor.
Are You A Parent?
If you’ve arrived on this page but you just want to buy a normal licence for your child to practise English and maths, you can check out all the great offers here: Transfer Tutor Explained, or feel free to let your teacher know about this link.
More About The Transfer Tutor
The Transfer Tutor’s Online Quizzes provide a fun and interactive way to learn and practise Maths and English questions which are directly aligned to both the AQE and GL specifications.
There are many, great features including (but not limited to):
- Reinforces class based learning.
- A perfect complement to blended learning.
- Quizzes broken down into specific English and Maths topics, to allow for focused learning and the ability to hone in on areas of weakness.
- Mobile friendly and works on any internet device.
- ‘Hint’ option supports the child’s learning. For example, in question about calculating area of an irregular shape, the hint will say, “Break it into two” – enough to keep the child going but teaching them for future, similar questions.
- The Leaderboard at the end makes the child feel like they’re playing a game and having friendly competition.
- Good use of colour and graphics which makes it exciting.
- Parents receive a progress email at the end to let them know how their child did in their most recent quiz.
Check out the Google Reviews to read what other customers felt about The Transfer Tutor.