I’m aware that some people are keen to pick up their child’s AQE / GL results from Royal Mail, rather than chewing off all their nails and waiting for the postman to leisurely complete his rounds, so hopefully this will help.
The Pick-Up Service
They do offer an results collection service for the AQE / GL test and the process only starts when the central Royal Mail team send out a formal communication to every delivery office within Northern Ireland to advise them that this may be something they’d like to consider. However, a couple of points worth noting:
- This communication to the local delivery office does not go out until about a week before the results date. So this communication will go out until after the 19th January.
- Not all sorting offices have to agree to this – so it will ultimately be their choice if they choose to do so,
How To Arrange It
The process is quite straightforward and a bit casual.
You’ll need ID when you collect the results – I’d bring photographic to be sure, but they usually accept bank card if you’re stuck.
- Speak to local sorting office (in person or phone).
- Check if they are offering this service.
- Stick your name and address down on their list (usually just a piece of paper where they’re recording details).
- Pick up results on Results Day at the sorting office with your ID.
Don’t Know Your Local Sorting Office?
You probably know your local sorting office, as this’ll be the place that any undelivered items get returned to, but just in case you don’t, you can find your local office by putting your postcode into Find Your Royal Mail Delivery Office website.
Using the link above, if you’re on a phone it might divert to All Services – so to get your Delivery Office, put on the filter for Royal Mail Delivery Office.
Key Points To Note
- It’s best to wait until the Delivery Office receive the formal communication from central Royal Mail, and if you phone too early they might tell you to phone back three / four days before the results come out, as they gear up to get organised for this event.
- Not all delivery offices will be playing along, so don’t be too excited that this will definitely be an option for you.
- The earliest pick-up time is typically 9am, so if you need it before this time, this service may not suit you.
- Think carefully if you really need this service or will the normal post do just fine without the extra hassle?
More about The Transfer Tutor (Multi-Award Winning Online Quizzes)
Check out the Google Reviews to read what other customers felt about The Transfer Tutor.
The Transfer Tutor’s Online Quizzes provide a fun and interactive way to learn and practise Maths and English questions which are directly aligned to both the AQE and GL specifications.
There are many, great features including (but not limited to):
- Quizzes broken down into specific English and Maths topics, to allow for focused learning and the ability to hone in on areas of weakness.
- Mobile friendly and works on any internet device.
- ‘Hint’ option supports the child’s learning. For example, in question about calculating area of an irregular shape, the hint will say, “Break it into two” – enough to keep the child going but teaching them for future, similar questions.
- The Leaderboard at the end makes the child feel like they’re playing a game and having friendly competition.
- Good use of colour and graphics which makes it exciting.
- Parents receives a progress email at the end to let them know how their child did.
How To Buy
Simply choose the licence you need depending on the length of time you need access, click on the blue box, pay and then you’ll be off within minutes.
All of these are a one-off payment until they expire – so no additional costs.
Try It Out:
To give you a feel for the quizzes, why not try out the quick fire free quiz by clicking on the button below (no need to register or pay, so don’t worry). This will hopefully let you see how the questions work – or more importantly, let you see if this is something that would inspire and encourage your child to learn.
Social Media Links – Keeping Up To Date
Follow or like The Transfer Tutor on your social media channel of choice and ensure you never miss a beat with the whole transfer process, handy tips, advice, special offers and competitions.
Click below for your preferred channel or search for @TransferTutorHQ wherever you are.
Free Facebook Group
You may have read in the reviews about people referring to the Facebook Support Group and this is certainly a great place to keep informed, ask questions, get support and keep up-to-date with anything happening in the transfer space.
It’s free to join but please ensure you have a genuine Facebook profile picture (ghost pictures are not approved as not deemed authentic) and then simply click here and answer the simple questions -> Join Facebook Group.