As the kids prepare for Big School in September, following from the success of the Facebook AQE/GL Support Group, there is a now a new ‘Big School’ Support Group’ for parents to move to, along with as a number of spin-off Facebook Support Groups have been created for different schools.
These specific groups are listed below and will be an ideal forum for parents to continue to share information and offer ongoing support to each other – which will only be appropriate for that particular Big School, for example, “Don’t forget there is a non-uniform day tomorrow“.
So here you go, I trust you’ll find this useful. If you want me to add your September 2019 intake group, send me a quick email (or simply comment) with the details and I’ll get straight onto it. If you don’t have a group yet, then set one up – it’s not difficult.
Ballyclare High School:
Bangor Grammar School:
Belfast High School:
Down High School:
Glengormley High School
Regent House School:
RBAI (Belfast Inst):
Royal School Armagh:
St Malachy’s College:
Wallace High School:
Don’t See Your School?
Feel free to be the one to set it up and I’ll include it here.
More about The Transfer Tutor (Multi-Award Winning Online Quizzes)
The Transfer Tutor’s Online Quizzes provide a fun and interactive way to learn and practise Maths and English questions which are directly aligned to both the AQE and GL specifications.
There are many, great features including (but not limited to):
- Quizzes broken down into specific English and Maths topics, to allow for focused learning and the ability to hone in on areas of weakness.
- Mobile friendly and works on any internet device.
- ‘Hint’ option supports the child’s learning. For example, in question about calculating area of an irregular shape, the hint will say, “Break it into two” – enough to keep the child going but teaching them for future, similar questions.
- The Leaderboard at the end makes the child feel like they’re playing a game and having friendly competition.
- Good use of colour and graphics which makes it exciting.
- Parents receives a progress email at the end to let them know how their child did.
Check out the Google Reviews to read what other customers felt about The Transfer Tutor.
How To Buy
Simply choose the licence you need depending on the length of time you need access, click on the blue box, pay and then you’ll be off within minutes.
All of these are a one-off payment until they expire – so no additional costs.
PENGUIN LICENCE – Only £45
(Expires December 2019)
CAT LICENCE – Only £60
(Expires December 2020)
ELEPHANT LICENCE – Only £75
(Expires December 2021)
Free Facebook Group
You may have read in the reviews about people referring to the Facebook Support Group and this is certainly a great place to keep informed, ask questions, get support and keep up-to-date with anything happening in the transfer space.
It’s free to join but please ensure you have a genuine Facebook profile picture (ghost pictures are not approved as not deemed authentic) and then simply click here and answer the simple questions -> Join Facebook Group.