I think everyone will agree the last six months have been filled with a level of uncertainty and confusion, but it’s fair to say there is now a high level of confidence that the AQE and GL tests will progress as planned, albeit with social distancing and other safety considerations in place.
To this end, if your child would like to go to a grammar school in Northern Ireland next year, then they will need to pass the AQE or GL test and, in general, score better than the NI average to secure their place. 🤓
So, if this is where you are at this time, The Transfer Tutor is the perfect resource for your toolkit. 🖥📱
All questions are based on English and maths and there are a wide variety of reasons that people (kids and parents) genuinely love The Transfer Tutor and these include:
✅ It works on all devices, so can be seen as fun and not like hard work.
✅ All answers are explained so the child can work independently and still learn how to approach a question or how the answer would be worked out.
✅ Helps with paper fatigue if a lot of material was sent home from school.
✅ Perfect for a child who is no longer motivated by paper work.
✅ Allows the child to focus on areas where they may be weaker and hone their skills in these areas.
✅ Can also offer a good check for areas where the child feels confident already – just to make sure.
✅ It offers a break from the norm with a bit of fun injected into revision for proper learning (and not just testing)
✅ Can be used now to get the child ready for going back, but also used in the coming months to supplement revision for the actual tests.These are just some quick benefits, but you can check out all the great features below.
A single payment of £30 for a P7 child (Cat Licence) will give you FULL ACCESS to the resource until the tests are over – even if they do happen to be postponed due to further lockdown or something unforeseen. After this one payment, there are no further costs. 👏
Licences are purchased depending on the length of time required.
To help you choose the perfect licence for you, here’s a quick reference guide:
- Youngest going into P7 – Cat Licence
- Youngest going into P6 – Elephant Licence
- Youngest going into P5 – Tiger Licence
- Youngest going into P4 – Unicorn Licence
If you need a licence that is not detailed below, just let me know and I can arrange something specific for you.
CAT LICENCE – Only
(Expires February 2021)
ELEPHANT LICENCE – Only
(Expires December 2021)
TIGER LICENCE – Only
(Expires December 2022)
UNICORN LICENCE – Only
(Expires December 2023)
What It’s All About?
The ethos of The Transfer Tutor is to provide a fun and interactive way to test the children through various quizzes in Maths & English, but also to ‘tutor’ them along the way – giving them hints to get the right answer and explaining the logic if they got it wrong. It works on all mobile devices and computers (anything with internet access) and has happily even been reported as being addictive! 🙂
There is such a buzz at the moment and this is because The Transfer Tutor has many amazing features and benefits, including:
- Has a complete focus on the AQE & GL specification.
- Is mobile friendly working on smartphones, tablets and computers connected to the internet.
- In many questions, there will be a ‘hint’ option that offers the child details on the ‘rule’ or aids them to complete it correctly which helps their future application of the same type of question.
- Has a function built in that the parents will be emailed with the child’s score when they have completed a test, so parents can track progress and also know the child is not off playing Minecraft or Candy Crush when they should be revising.
- Question areas broken down into specific categories which allows the parent and child to identify areas of weakness and to focus on these for improvement.
- Although many tests will have more than 20 questions ‘behind the scenes’, the child is only faced with a random 20 questions each time so they can try the same test many times and will be getting different related challenges.
- Not only test questions but if the child gets it wrong, the app will provide information on the rule or reason as to why this is happened, so they can build on their fundamental learning for the next time.
- Leadership board with the most recent 10 attempts listed (from all people) and this offers a level of competition that makes the child strive to be better.
- Child friendly with the use of colours and pictures which encourages the child to want to log on and try a new quiz every day.
So, to get going today with your son/daughter, choose your licence above and get going – the setup process which should take you less than 1 minute.
Check out the Google Reviews to read what other customers felt about The Transfer Tutor.
Spoiler alert – all the kids (the most important people) and parents love it!
Try It Out:
To give you a feel for the quizzes, why not try out the quick fire free quiz by clicking on the button below (no need to register or pay, so don’t worry). This will hopefully let you see how the questions work – or more importantly, let you see if this is something that would inspire and encourage your child to learn.
FREE Facebook Support Group
You may have read in the reviews about people referring to the Facebook Support Group and this is certainly a great place to keep informed, ask questions, get support and keep up-to-date with anything happening in the transfer space.
It’s free to join but please ensure you have a genuine Facebook profile picture (ghost pictures are not approved as not deemed authentic) and then simply click here and answer the simple questions. Also, to ensure this is a safe space, anyone not adhering to the rules and being negative or argumentative to other members will be removed. -> Join Facebook Group.